A quick and very simple recipe I pulled together with what I had on hand! I was super excited to make this salad because it was from the first harvest of the red leaf lettuce from my garden! I wish I could have added feta cheese which is why it is listed in the ingredients, but you do not see it in the photos. This photo was taken during the pandemic, and I couldn’t find feta cheese in the store, but I highly suggest adding it to the salad if you can find it!
My mother and I ate this with my Fresh Mint Dressing, and it was so delicious! If you haven’t tried my Fresh Mint Dressing recipe yet, give it a try it is so refreshing and will pair perfectly with the strawberries and feta!
This recipe yields 2 side salads
- 4 cups Red Leaf Lettuce
- 4 tbsp Strawberries
- 2 tbsp Chopped Tomato
- ½ tsp Chopped Red Onion
- 1 handful of Croutons
- 1 handful of slithered or Chopped Almonds
- 1 handful of Feta Cheese
- Rinse your lettuce, chop, and pat dry
- Rinse and cut the leafy tops off the strawberries and slice them lengthwise into fourths
- Rinse and chop the tomato
- Chop the red onion
- Chop Almonds
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the lettuce and all of the ingredients and toss gently
- Drizzle with my Mint Dressing or your dressing of choice as desired
And there we have it, folks! A simple and tasty red leaf lettuce and strawberry salad.