Whether you are looking for a healthy grab and go breakfast or desperately in need of a new breakfast idea for your little one, these Eggsellent Breakfast Bites are the perfect solution. This is an easy recipe for meal prepping and will make your mornings so much smoother. I used to make Micah scrambled eggs every morning…after a while, it was kind of a pain. Scrambled eggs are messy and would usually end up all over my kitchen floor, so I thought to myself, why don’t I try little egg bites instead! I made these a few years ago when I was dieting and they were a great make-ahead breakfast. I especially like these, because they are easier for him to hold, that means less mess for me to clean up. So far, he seems to really enjoy these.
This recipe will make 12 Breakfast Bites. Micah usually eats 2-3 per day. These will last for up to 5 days in the fridge. This recipe is also great if your little one isn’t a big fan of veggies. I pack my Breakfast Bites with a lot of veggies, and as long as I have a nice balance of cheese and turkey bacon he doesn’t even notice he’s eating them.
I have fun every time I make this recipe because I can be resourceful and creative! Do you have leftover broccoli, mushrooms, spinach or even shredded carrots in the fridge? Throw it into the mixture and bake!
Have fun with it.
- 8 eggs
- 3 strips turkey bacon
- A splash of milk
- ½ of a red pepper
- ½ of a yellow pepper
- ½ green zucchini
- ¼ cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- salt/pepper/garlic powder/onion powder (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Add eggs to a large mixing bowl
- Add a splash of milk and beat the eggs
- Add your cheese
- Dice or add the peppers and zucchini into a food processor
- Blend until the pieces are very tiny. This will make it easier for the child to chew.
- Cook the turkey bacon in the microwave (about 90 seconds)
- Crumble the turkey bacon into tiny pieces and add it to the egg mixture
- Add preferred seasoning and stir
- Lightly spray a 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick oil spray
- Add the egg mixture 3/4th of the way into each tin. They will puff up while baking.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes
- Let the Breakfast Bites cool for 10 minutes
- Run a knife around the inside of the muffin hole to help the Breakfast Bites pop-out
- Place a baking sheet on top of the muffin tray and flip it over. The Breakfast Bites should pop right out
- Serve or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days and reheat when ready to serve usually 20-25 seconds.