This guacamole recipe is BURSTING with flavor and is quick and easy to make. We eat guacamole several times a week in my house, whether it is with tortilla or baked plantain chips, tacos, toast etc…I LOVE me some guacamole.
My guacamole recipe is really off the charts…The perfect balance of acid and salt along with the extra pinch of Tajin seasoning and Himalayan pink salt really separates this guacamole from the rest. Guacamole shouldn’t be difficult to make, all you need are a few fresh ingredients and a little seasoning and you are good to go!
- 3 avocados
- 2 tbs red onion, finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Roma tomato diced
- 3 tbs fresh cilantro, chopped
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1 lime, juiced
- A little pinch of Tajin seasoning, onion powder & pepper
How to pick the perfect avocado
Hold the avocado in your hand and gently give it a squeeze. A ripe avocado should yield to the firm, gentle pressure and shouldn’t feel mushy or soft.
- Cut the avocado lengthwise in half; going around the pit. Squeeze the avocado halves. The pit should remove easily. `
- Mash the avocado with a fork and make it as chunky or smooth as you like. I prefer to leave some larger chunks.
- Place the avocado in a bowl and gently fold the remaining ingredients.
- Lastly, have fun with it. Taste as you go and adjust your seasoning accordingly. Place in a serving dish and serve with your favorite chips. I like to serve mine with organic sea salt and lime or blue corn tortilla chips.
How to store your Guacamole
If you are not serving this right away, cover tightly with plastic wrap or pat it down in a storage container until it is flat on top and add ½ inch of cold water on top. Place the guacamole in the fridge. When it comes time to eat it just drain the water off the top and give it a stir.
This is best served fresh. If you like spicy food you can add some diced jalapeno!